Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Cabs of Abidjan

Bonjour -
I have had no personal internet access since arriving in Cote d'Ivoire. But with the help of a friend, I got my pictures downloaded onto a machine with internet. Then, I wrote everything up, told the computer to publish the post and -- poof! It vanished.

Anyway, here is my first blog entry from Africa - The Cabs of Abidjan! Or, God Is My Co-Pilot.


To the point. Pardon. Every cab driver should be saying that.
I am not sure what this one means, so if anyone can translate, I would appreciate it.

"I thank God."
And I too thank God that you didn't take out my rearview mirror.

"Sacred!"
Note the black smoke pouring out of the exhuast. This is why on every pretty days, I keep my windows rolled up when driving.



"The Eraser."
As in, God erases sins.




"Father, Glorious is Your Name."








1 comment:

Marci Glotzer said...

If my French is correct, I believe it's "The Effort Makes You Strong."